I don't remember much about her. In my child's mind, she was the really old woman in the nursing home. This lets my adult mind get a glimpse of the life she led and the strong and wise woman she was. -enjoy
Rules for a Perfect Day
- I will try to live through the day only and not try to tackle my whole life problem at once.
- I will be happy. It is true that people are as happy as they make up their minds to be. Happiness is from within.
- I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everybody to my desires. I will take my family, my business and my luck, as they come and fit myself to them.
- I will take care of my body. I will exercise it, nourish it, and not abuse or neglect it, so that it will be a perfect machine for my will.
- I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will not be a mental loafer all day. I will read something that requires mental effort and concentration.
- I will exercise my soul in three ways, to wit: I will do somebody a good turn and not be found out; I will do at least two things I do not want to do; and I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt. They may be hurt, but I will not show it.
- I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with flattery, find fault with nothing - and try not to regulate or improve anybody.
- I will have a program. It will save me from two human weaknesses - hurry and indecision.
- I will have a half-hour to myself and relax. In this half-hour, sometime, I will think of God, so as to give a better perspective to my life.
- I will be unafraid. Especially, I will not be afraid to be happy, to enjoy what is beautiful, to love, and to believe those that I love, love me.
As part of my 2009 goals, I will try to have a few more "perfect days".