Monday, October 25, 2010

Week One

When I was a young mom (young in years, experience, and patience) there was nothing that would have convinced me to watch another person's child(ren). None!
My sanity was hanging on by a thread and how was I to know that that kid wouldn't have scissors?
Anyway, now that my kiddos are all in school and I have been child free during the day for 4 years or so, I have my sanity tied up real tight (though it threatens to unravel daily around homework time) I am loving having Camden here with me during the day.

Last week was our first week and it went off without a hitch. We had a playdate, took" field trips" to Walmart and Michael's (cuz that is where all toddlers want to be), had a parent/teacher meeting at the middle school, and had a nap everyday. Well, I did nap with him a couple of times but not everyday. (oh, the life!)
On Friday afternoon when Camden's mom came to pick him up he had a fit. I'm talking a drop to the ground, feet kicking, screaming fit when it was time to go. Did you read that? He didn't want to leave!!??
Needless to say, we had a good first week.
(that light saber didn't leave his hands,
he even took one home Friday!)

4 comments:

jen said...

light sabers, a snuggly LaLa, what's not to love? :)

glad you're having fun!

Jessica said...

What a sweet boy! He looks like he would fit right in with the rest of the boys:) I agree with Jen although I would add a sweet Hopey dog too:) What is not to love?

Karin said...

He is so cute? When do we get a play date with you and Camden? You are amazing Laura!

Chelsea said...

Oh yay! If I could spend a bunch of time having fun with you I wouldn't want to leave either!