Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where'd he learn that?

As the mother of four I am in a constant state of baffle-dom (is that even a word? It is now!)

I am either baffled by my children's stupidity or by their genius.

Yesterday it was genius (so refreshing!)

I was complaining about Hope and her appetite. She can never seem to have enough food in her tummy. I usually feed her once in the morning and once in the evening but she never fails to give me the "I'm hungry" stare at 2pm. I thought I would outsmart her by spreading the wealth out thru the day via breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It didn't work. She gave me the stare all afternoon, but I didn't cave, I was strong.

Anyhoo! As I was discussing this with Eli (7 years, 10 months) he said "it looks like she went over her budget of food". Since I have been actively listening to my children (see here) I heard this and then said "what did you say?" (not because I didn't hear him, but because I wanted him to say it again to make sure I heard him correctly. BUDGETING?)

Yup, I heard him correctly. My 7 year old knows about budgeting. (he didn't learn it from me!)
I asked him if he was learning about budgets in math... "no", "Did we discuss this in Family Home Evening?" I asked. "No".

Apparently he just knew! (I wish he'd teach me!)

CRAZY!

No comments: