Saturday, September 5, 2009

ROAD TRIP - Day Four

Day Four: Cheyenne, WY to West Jordan, UT
448 miles, 6 hours, arriving at my final destination, priceless!


During the day we went from grassy plains to grassy plains with rocks...


to rocks with grassy plains...


to rocks with a little grass

to rocks with brush


to ROCKS!

I don't have all the photos we took today (Kate's camera) But I will explain why I don't have a "Welcome to UTAH!" photo. There wasn't one! Lame, I know. I had the camera ready and waited, and waited, and waited... nothing.
I discovered something about myself. I like variation in landscape. I like rolling hills, trees, mountains, anything really that breaks up the monotony of grassy plains. And at the risk of offending those who love Wyoming, I must say I don't care if I never set foot (or wheels) again in Wyoming. Been there, done that, not too exciting.

3 comments:

Erin said...

having been to wyoming several times i can totally agree with you!
glad that you and kate are there and safe.

Jessica said...

Are you sure you didn't fall asleep or get distracted by all the rocks and grass? I mean surely there was a "Welcome to Utah" sign. I think you should drive back there and double check. :)

Brandi said...

You crack me up Laura. I think your pictures are beautiful. What a fun trip. Looks like lots of laughs, which I love.