Monday, September 27, 2010

Embarrassing Moments

I must say I don't remember many "God, please let the earth open up and swallow me" type embarrassing moments. I have been involved in some embarrassing situations but have a bad memory so I tend not to remember them.

This is the only time when having a bad memory is a good thing.

So here is an embarrassing moment I can remember.

As many of you know I don't have much of a filter. I tend to say things as I see them, honestly, good or bad. K, here we go.

I was a missionary in my first area in Oak Harbor, Washington. My companion and I went to a member's house for some reason, possibly a dinner appointment. This member was a terrific woman. She was very crafty, and a great cook. In fact, she ran a catering business (mostly cakes) out of her home. She was the mother of 3 children the oldest of which was 12. She was busy. When we got to her home she apologized for the mess (laundry piled on the couch in the living room).

k, let me explain a little about my childhood. I am the oldest of 6 children. My mother was a very busy woman and there was always laundry either on the couch or in a basket or both. With that said, I will continue.

I said to this sister, "Don't worry about it, my mom is a bad housekeeper too!"

Yes, I did.

What I meant to say is "Don't worry, we have laundry at my house too" or maybe I should have just said 'no problem".

This BEST part of this story is that I didn't even realize I said it. I was oblivious!
My companion told me later on how I embarrassed her.

How's that? I have another one to share but I'll save that one for later!

2 comments:

jen said...

ha ha. i love it. see, when you talk about yourself, you can always find something to write about! :)

Kate said...

Hahahaha I love it!!! I can totally see myself doing something like that too. I still love you!!!